Carys Martin Ceramics
Slab built planter online making class and kit. Included Glazing and Firing.
Create a Planter Hand Building Kit and Online Class
Would you love to create your own Slab built planter?
Included in Planter making pack you receive -
- 1 kg of creamy white clay
- Access to an online ZOOM live making class that runs first Saturday 10-11:30am each month where I will take you through the making steps.
- A worksheet showing you the steps to create and a template sheet.
- A selection of basic tools and resources you need to create your piece.
- The first Biscuit firing at my Thornlands Studio. You just need to drop the piece you have made back to my studio.
- Glazing in my Thornlands Studio (done for you).
- Glaze firing at my Studio in Thornlands. Your piece is then ready to collect from my studio or we can arrange to have it posted to you.
- Membership to ‘The Makers Meet’. A facebook group filled with other making videos, 'How to' sheets and making projects.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/makersmeetwithcarys Here you can post, ask questions and share pictures of your creations.
This pack and online class is suitable whether this is the first time you have touched clay or you are a seasoned pro. As I guide you through creating you will have the opportunity to personalize your piece and add your own personality and design to your piece. Once your piece is completed, and you have dropped it to me at my studio in Thornlands I will glaze and fire it for you. There are a selection of glaze choices available that I will share with you in The Makers Meet group and on our zoom class. I will run a Planter making Zoom class each month so you have a number of opportunities to access the online class. You do not need a Zoom account to participate. If you wish not to be seen, you are more than welcome to join without video.
About Carys Martin:
Carys completed her Art degree (BA(Hons) studying in the UK and America, she followed this with studying for her P.G.C.E in Cardiff. She has exhibited in solo and group exhibitions in UK, USA and Australia and taught in UK and Australia.
Her work can be seen at Carys Martin Ceramics, showcasing a mix of functional wheel thrown tableware pieces and quirky wheel thrown and hand built pieces. She is drawn to contrasts and moments in time where different cultures overlap.